Now sit back and think about this question for a moment. It seems like a fairly simple, yet fully loaded question to ask. It's one that I've been hearing more times lately than I would like, and it's one that pisses me off every fucking time I hear it. If I didn't love you, why the fuck would I still be here? Are you looking for me to say "No"? Would that make it easier to break up with me (or do whatever it is you're looking to do)? The moment one person in a relationship asks the other that same question, the strength and validity of that relationship is at risk. I've never asked that question, yet it's thrown at me like an adulterer being stoned to death.
I admit... I've been stressed and emotional the last few weeks. And maybe I've been distant as of late. But that has nothing to do with my love for you. Can you just do me a favor? Stop asking me that damn question. I know you already, and the only reason why you would ask the same thing over and over again is because you're looking for a specific answer. If you already know that my answer is "Yes I love you", and I keep hearing the question repeated a week later... What do you want me to say?
No comments:
Post a Comment